Friday, October 15, 2010

EcoStore USA


My sincerest apologies to the folks at EcoStore as I was sent some products to review months ago and failed to post until now. I'll tell you as I told them I was hesitant to post anything at all as I really didn't care for these products as much as I thought I would.



But in the interest of full disclosure I'm posting now and you can take it for what it's worth.

First, I love what the company is doing. Their entire product line is EcoFriendly and free of harsh chemicals. I wanted to love these products and free myself of the toxic ones currently in my cabinet.

However, when it came right down to it their All Purpose cleaner, while incredibly pleasant to smell did not tackle the kind of stains my household generates. In terms of general after meal clean up /wiping down counters/stove and refrigerators it was ok. But when it came down to certain stains which unfortunately my 7 year olds tend to create plenty of I had to use another cleaner to fully tackle the stains (reddish juices, sauces, soups).

Additionally I tried the Automatic dishwasher powder and found that glasses were left with spots and remnants of the powder. And yes, I used the powder in several cycles just to be sure it wasn't a flukey , one timey kind of thing.

So ultimately, I have mixed feelings. These products wouldn't be the best bang for my buck if I were deciding what to purchase in store however the health benefits to my family tell me not to completely rule out other products in their line.


*Disclosure I received the All Purpose Cleaner and Dishwasher powder free of charge to facilitate this review.

No comments: